Return and Exchange Policy
Change of mind
We go to every effort to ensure that information on our website is up to date and accurate so that you have all of the information you need to make an informed decision prior to purchase. We do however understand that buying online can sometimes be tricky, so we offer a 14 day exchange policy.
If you’ve changed your mind about what you’ve ordered then we are happy for you to return your item to us for an exchange or gift card based on the value paid at the time of purchase. We do not offer cash refunds.
Change of mind returns and exchange Terms and Conditions
To qualify for a refund or exchange due to change of mind, goods must:
- Be in their original, brand new, resell-able, condition
- Have all of their original, unopened manufacturers packaging, materials and accessories, including packing inserts, instruction booklets, and blank warranty cards
- Be returned with a blank warranty card that has not been written on in any way
- Be returned within 14 days with the necessary paper work
Returns and exchanges will:
- Be issued at the discretion of ScopeUout
- Be honoured by an exchange or gift card based on the value paid at the time of purchase
- Usually be processed within seven days
- Incur a 5% (of the total value of the item) restocking fee
- Be shipped via tracked, signature required courier at the cost of the buyer
If you wish to return an item due to change of mind, please contact us first so we can provide you with the necessary paper work. Please note that orders returned for an exchange will incur a shipping fee for sending the new item.
Under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (‘CGA’), you have guaranteed legal rights for goods [and services] you buy from ScopeUout.
These are called ‘consumer guarantees’, and include the following:
1) a guarantee that the goods are of acceptable quality, such that the goods are:
- fit for all the purposes for which goods of that type are commonly supplied;
- free from minor manufacturing defects;
- durable; and
- acceptable in appearance and finish;
2) a guarantee that the goods are fit for any particular purpose made known by you, or for which we represent that they are or will be fit;
3) a guarantee that the goods correspond with any description with which the goods are supplied; and
4) a guarantee that the goods correspond with any sample or demonstration model where the goods are supplied by reference to such sample or model.
If the goods [or services] we supply do not meet a consumer guarantee, we will meet our obligations under the CGA to provide a remedy.
These guarantees are in addition to any warranty offered by a manufacturer, and you may have rights against the manufacturer directly.
The CGA does not apply where the goods have been used in a manner, or to an extent which is inconsistent with the manner or extent of use that a reasonable consumer would expect to obtain from the goods; and the goods would have complied with the guarantee of acceptable quality if they had not been used in the manner or to that extent.
If the goods [or services] we supply do not comply with a consumer guarantee, but can be remedied within a reasonable time, we will either repair the goods or replace the goods with goods of identical type. If we cannot repair or replace the goods within a reasonable time (8 weeks maximum), we will provide you with a refund of the purchase price.
A ‘major failure’ is where the failure in the goods cannot be repaired or cannot be repaired within a reasonable time (8 weeks maximum), or where the failure constitutes a ‘failure of substantial character’ as set out by section 21 of the CGA.
If a failure amounts to a major failure, you are entitled to return the goods and choose to have a replacement of the returned goods or a refund. Alternatively, you may elect to retain the goods and obtain compensation for the reduction in value of the goods.
Where you choose a replacement, we will where available, provide goods of the same type and similar value to the returned goods.
Delivery Charges for Warranty Returns
Any shipping costs to return the original goods to ScopeUout will be your responsibility, where ScopeUout considers the goods to have breached a consumer guarantee. If on examination of goods returned to ScopeUout, the goods are found to not be in breach of any consumer guarantee, ScopeUout may charge you a fee for examining the goods, and also charge you any cost to return the goods to you.
Please note that goods must be returned within a reasonable period and you may be asked to demonstrate that you have purchased the goods from ScopeUout (Contact details verification) and that the problem with the goods was not your fault.
If you are shipping an item worth over $10, they are required to use a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. ScopeUout will take no responsibility for items that are lost or damaged during return shipping.
Goods Damaged in Transit
If any goods arrive damaged, please contact ScopeUout within 24 hours of delivery. Damaged goods must be returned in the condition received by you with all original packaging, together with all packing slips. Any shipping charges will not be reimbursed by ScopeUout.