We’re thrilled to announce the arrival of the brand new Kowa BD II binoculars to our range.
These awesome, newly designed binoculars from the Japanese optical leader, Kowa, are a must have for outdoor enthusiasts who demand to get a bright, clear and up close view of their surroundings.
Packed with all of the features that their predecessor, the standard BD range were known for, plus new improvements for the 2020 market, these awesome binoculars are available in 32 and 42mm lenses with magnification options including 8x and 10x.
Improvements at a glance
The main improvement for the new BD II range is the wider field of view that they offer. This means that you can see a more of the landscape around you at one time than you could with the equivalent standard BD model. A wider field of view is helpful in locating your subject more quickly as you can scan the landscape more easily.
Most models are slightly lighter than their predecessor meaning you’ll have less weight to carry around with you when you’re nature watching, hunting and more.
Some models have a shorter minimum focus distance meaning you’ll be able to use your new BD 2’s to view bugs, flowers and much more at a closer distance.
Want to know more? Here’s all of their features:
- Extra-low dispersion (XD) glass
- Schmidt-Pechan prism design corrects the view while allowing for thinner optical tubes versus the more common Abbe-Koenig design
- Anti reflection, fully multi-coated lenses
- Twist-up multi-step eyecups
- Compatible with optional tripod adapter
- Centre focus design and internal focus system
- Compatible with optional photo adapters for smartphone viewing and recording through the binocular
- Nitrogen filled housing for water and fogproof performance
- KR coating to aid in cleaning and prevent dust or dirt from affecting viewing
- Rubber-coated sturdy magnesium body
- BaK-4 Prisms
- Phase corrected roof prism design for durability and streamlined shape
- C3 prism coatings improve internal light transmission to improve colour rendition, clarity, and contrast
- Right eye diopter
- Very short close focus distance for close up observations
- Tripod adaptable